Thursday, September 06, 2007

Geranien für Michelle (in Alabama)

Today I show you a stitched project. I love cross stitching, and to finish this particular piece took a very long time. It is stitched on 20 count canvas and next time (if I should ever feel the urge to stitch it again) I'll make sure to use some black fabric. That would save a lot of floss and time... But I love it. It actually was meant for needlepoint. And would have been much bigger (201x201 stitches) But I wanted to put it in a frame and DMC floss is easier to get here than the wool it would have needed for the needlepoint. I apologize for the flash light on the picture, but I can't take it out of the frame... Heute zeige ich Euch zuerst mal was gesticktes. Sticken ist meine 2. große Leidenschaft (kommt gleich nach Kuhstall ausmisten... HaHaHaHaHaHa) An diesem Teil habe ich JAHRE gearbeitet. Es sind fast 10 Kreuze pro cm und insg. ist es 201x201 Kreuze groß, komplett ausgefüllt, also stecken 40401 Kreuze drin... Sollte ich jemals den Gedanken hegen, es noch einmal zu sticken, dann nur auf schwarzem Stoff. Da spare ich nicht nur Unmengen an Zeit, sondern auch ganz viel teures Stickgarn. Oh, und tut mir leid wegen dem Blitzlicht auf dem Bild, aber ich kann es nicht aus dem Rahmen nehmen...

1 comment:

Hi! I'm Michelle said...

Ramona, That is gorgeous! I imagine it did take a long time to stitch. It really is stunning. You are very talented, and your eye for detail shows in everything you accomplish. Thank you for posting this for me. And thank you for being my wonderful friend. :)